14/11/2011

An eye on talent: Busayo Ogunbiyi



Meet Busayo Ogunbiyi, the brain behind Buvie. I have met Busayo on many occasions in Leeds but I only recently found out that she's more than just a friendly person. I happened to discover her collection of handmade jewellery by pure chance and I feel they are worth sharing with you.


Continue for an overload of photos and what Buvie stands for, in Busayo's words.




It's soo hard to put or explain love in words but I love what I do and I am in love with the One who gives me my inspiration. 



I am a second year law student and BUVIE (a high school nickname of mine) basically is me. God has given me a talent that involves art with hands and my beads are just one channel.




BUVIE basically is beauty in bead form. I do it not for the money but for the beauty that God has put in me to create. 



At the moment Buvie is just jewellery with beads and hair accessories but, by His grace, it would be so much more. Buvie at the end of the day would and should include a lot more! (Not going to give a sneak peak yet). 




Buvie (I) technically try to capture a part of nature's beauty, God's creation, in the mix of colours, shapes and designs. It's how I worship Him. I will have to stop here because if I go on I wouldn't stop at all! :D





And I shall continue from where she stopped! Noticed all the colourful packaging? Well, she makes that herself too. Is she too cool or what? Also, her prices are very affordable. She wasn't kidding when she mentioned she doesn't do it for the money!




Of course, I didn't leave Leeds without my very own Buvie creation and I must say, Ms Jack approves!


xoxo
Miss Jack

3 comments:

Thanks for reading. I do appreciate all your lovely comments and support! x