16/09/2011

WARNING: NO PICTURES!

This morning I woke to a BBM contact's status that read, 'Jealousy, the act of counting someone else's blessings instead of yours.'

Gbam!

How 'on point' is that?

I don't think that line needs any extra explanation. It's very straight to the point in my opinion. But as usual, I must say my own too.




As humans it is VERY easy for us to lose sight of the million things we ought to be thankful for. Lucky for me, this BBM status sort of links with what I was going to write about today so I'll just combine both. Sometimes Most of the time, we are too busy looking at the good in every other person's life that we fail to realise the good in ours. Do you realise that the time you spend running down another person could be spent developing yourself in order to reach your full potential (which may very well be much more than theirs)? It's unbelievable the amount of time we ladies (and some amebo guys too) spend talking about other people that at the end of the day, do not affect our lives in any positive manner. We need to check ourselves lest we lose sight of who we are and can be, in a bid to breakdown another person's being.

Please note that whenever I post write ups like this, I am not judging or condemning anyone. "He who is without sin should cast the first stone." That person is definitely not me. Readers who have been with me through the ages (I started blogging back in 2008) would know that I share what I know so that others may know. As I learn, so shall you. :)

Now on the issue of being thankful... Point to note: You and I are no better than those who lost their lives in the 09/11 attacks, Jos crisis, Ikeja cantonment bombing, Niger Delta crisis, multiple Abuja bombings and every other natural disaster around the world, to name a few. Human beings FORGET.

I don't know about you but I hear the tragic stories and I am immediately humbled and sobered up, thanking God for the gift of life amongst numerous things which suddenly seem so precious at such times. Give me less than a week (too much time to be honest) and I'm back to 'normal', taking all those things for granted....until the next bad thing happens.

Thanksgiving should be a way of life, not an occasional thing. If you have ever sat down to wonder about life and all that it entails, you would know that it is simply too amazing for words. The intro of one of my favourite shows on TV at the moment goes, "....everyday we live, we face a thousand ways to die..."

I'm going to have to stop that rant here... I don't like long posts either. Too many letters per page eventually becomes boring especially if you were looking forward to colourful photos.

Got a new bed delivered to my room today (thanks Daddy!) so I've spent my whole morning waiting for the delivery, now it looks like my afternoon will be spent babysitting the set-up. I'm a bit impatient, seeing as I have quite a bit to do today. I'll just go sit in my little corner and play around with my sewing machine and fabric while my new snooze haven takes shape.

I hope you're all having a good day?

Take care!

Miss Jack.

2 comments:

  1. "Thanksgiving should be a way of life"
    I approve this message!!
    There's so much I need to be thankful for... I needed to be reminded!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I do appreciate all your lovely comments and support! x